Overview Of: WORK IN CANADA: SAWMILL LABOURER AT NORTH AMERICAN FOREST PRODUCTS LTD
About North American Forest Products Ltd
Like many other businesses in the lumber industry we started small and worked with family. In the mid 1980’s we started repairing pallets for local clients. Over time we made our way into the manufacturing of new pallets. Through this journey we came to realize that the success of our business depended on the close relationships we had built with our clients.
In 1997 we shifted our focus away from the local pallet industry and set our sights on the pallet cut stock market. We established North American Forest Products in 1998 and began providing pallet manufacturers all over the US and Canada with pre-cut pallet components. We continue to place an emphasis on maintaining a strong working relationship with all of our clients no matter how big or small.
15 Vacancies – $29/HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- No experience
- Sort, pile and transport wood products;
- Remove scrap lumber and wood chips for reprocessing;
- Load chips, sulphur and processing materials;
- Feed conveyors, hoppers, saws and drying machines;
- Clean machines and immediate work areas;
- Assist other processing workers
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding;
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.